Friday 24 July 2015

A busy week in the end...

So after blogging about the Stroke group, some things happened that lead to me realising it had grown beyond me and with time limitations, I couldn't handle being an admin anymore, so I've handed it over to one of the admins that had supported me from the start.

This week has been really busy with work - 2 trips to the office & one to London, plus preparing for a trip to Dublin next week.  It's always good to be busy, but with being a stroke survivor, I always worry about the affects to my health.  My trip to London was after waking in the night with a bad headache - I took strong painkillers & managed to sleep it off, but they always worry you!

The driving really makes me tired, with my visual field loss, I find I have to concentrate really hard.  I enjoy going to the office, otherwise I'm working from home with no one to chat to & it can get a bit disheartening not having that interaction.  I have my Spotify playlists to keep me company when I'm alone, plus instant chat with my colleagues.

I moved to IBM Verse for my email this week, from Notes.  I like it!  It's a really different experience & is taking some getting used to, but the integration with Connections is just brilliant!  Bravo IBM, even though I have a vested interest, being an employee of theirs...  But I am genuine - it's not just lip service!

Time to do some more preparation for my trip next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment